I finished 3 courses over the summer term- Missional Church, Special Issues in Pastoral Counseling, and Christianity in the Southern Hemisphere- and now have begun the fall quarter at Ashland Theological Seminary. Below is a list of the books I will be reading for each of this term’s courses:
Christian Theology II with Dr. Allan Bevere
- Michael Jinkins, Invitation to Theology. Downers Grove: IVP, 2001
- Veli-Matti Karkkainen, An Introduction to Ecclesiology: Ecumenical, Historical, and Global Perspectives. Downers Grove: IVP, 2002.
- Alister McGrath, The Christian Theology Reader, 3rd ed. Malden: Blackwell, 2006.
- Christopher Seitz (ed), Nicene Christianity: The Future for a New Ecumenism. Grand Rapids: Brazos, 2001.
Person in Prayer with Dr. Terry Wardle
- Ole Hallesby, Prayer. Minneapolis: Augsburg Press, 1994.
- Leighton Ford, The Attentive Life: Preserving God’s Presence in All Things. Downers Grove: IVP, 2008.
Christian Worship with Dr. Rob Douglass
- Barry Liesch, The New Worship. Grand Rapids: Baker, 2001.
- Pedrito Maynard-Reid, Diverse Worship: African-American, Caribbean, and Hispanic Perspectives. Downers Grove: IVP, 2000.
- Rory Noland, The Heart of the Artist. Grand Rapids: Zondervan, 1999.
- Robert Webber, Worship Old and New: A Biblical and Practical Introduction. Grand Rapids: Zondervan, 1994.